Emerging Markets Group would like to draw your attention to the fact that on July 8, 2018 Federal Law dd. June 27, 2018 No. 163-FZ “On amendments to Federal Law “On migration registration of foreign nationals and stateless persons in the Russian Federation” goes into effect.
According to these amendments, the place of stay of a foreign national (stateless person) is a residential premise or another premise where a foreign national (stateless person) actually resides, i.e. uses regularly for sleeping and rest. In other words, it is no longer possible to register at the address of company inviting the foreign national, unless the foreign national (stateless person) actually resides at the address of the organization (uses regularly for sleeping and rest).
Host party at the apartment shall be:
- a citizen of the RF, permanently registered in that apartment or its owner;
- a foreign national permanently residing in the RF, who has permanent residency in the RF;
- a foreign national with regard to members of his/her family, who is highly qualified specialist and owner of apartment in the RF.
Responsibility for violation of migration legislation:
- Breach of foreign national's or stateless person’s conditions of stay (residence) in the RF, consisting in absence of documents confirming the right of stay (residence) within the RF, or failure to report the loss of the documents to the appropriate authority if such documents are lost, or evading departure from the RF within the territory of Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Moscow and Leningrad region
- shall entail an administrative fine in amount from 5 000 to 7 000 rubles as well as possible administrative expulsion from the Russian Federation (Article 18.8. of the Administrative Offenses Code of the RF)
- The Host party's failure to fulfill obligations with regard to registration :
- shall entail an administrative fine from 2 000 to 4 000 rubles; for individuals from 40 000 to 50 000 rubles; on legal entities (which issued the invitation) – from 4 000 to 500 000 rubles (Article 18.9. of the Administrative Offenses Code of the RF)